To whom ever that Cares for our currency: An open letter to Nigerians

                                                                                                                                         19th April, 2016


To whom ever that cares for Nigeria Currency,

I am not an economist but I believe that anyone who is a Nigerian knows the impact of abuse of the Naira the sole identity of our currency. Over the years we Nigerians , especially our leaders have been shooting us the leg .
The Nigerian Federal Government have been enacting economic laws and policies yet we have adamantly refuse to hold the Naira in its supposed high esteem.
Well, the real cause of this out pour of grievance is that not long ago, I heard from a reliable source that some schools in Nigeria collect tuition fees in dollars. Then my question is, if a business outfit situated in Nigeria cannot operate its financial activity in Naira, then why are they in Nigeria.
While pundering on this disturbing information, I realised that even the Nigerian government have been knowing or unknowingly breaking the laws. The question brought me to the second question, which is , why does the our government pay our sports men and women in dollars instead of Naira?
On this note I wish to demand that we should begin to completely follow those stringent activities that will raise the status of our own currency in the world market.
Thanks.
Sincerely,

Eze Cornelius Chibuikem
economist but I believe that anyone who is a Nigerian knows the impact of abuse of our currency over

Comments